PLAYground gives Cleveland-area writers of all experience levels a chance to put their original works for children up on the TCT stage! Four selected scripts are workshopped for a week and script-in-hand readings are performed for an audience over two weeks in July. Plays submitted to PLAYground may be considered for future, full-stage production by TCT.
- March 15: Script submission deadline
- March 30: Script selection
- May 12: AUDITIONS (16+) 12:30 - 5:30PM
- July 1 - 6: Rehearse first 2 scripts
- July 7 & 8: Public performances
- VASILISA & THE WITCHFIRE by Adam Hoffman, directed by Kelly Elliott
- MOMOTARO THE PEACH BOY by Sam Dee, directed by Carrie Williams
- July 8 - 13: Rehearse second 2 scripts
- July 14 & 15: Public performances
- THE UGLY DUCKLING by Tim Collingwood, directed by Devon Turchan
- THE HAPPY PRINCE by Keely Sajovie, directed by Daniel McNamara
Playwrights must be based in the Cleveland area. Scripts must be world premiere pieces, no longer than 45 pages, and must be based on an international folktale, faerie tale, myth or an adaptation of a ballet, opera, classical music piece or piece of literature that is in the public domain.
Email (preferred) scrips to email@example.com with "PLAYground Script Submission" in the subject header or mail to Talespinner Children's Theatre at 5209 Detroit Ave., Cleveland, OH 44102, Attn: PLAYground.
Your feedback will help these scripts as they grow! You can say you knew these scripts from the start! Tickets are pay-what-you-wish at the door.
Auditions (Actors 16+)
May 12, 12:30-5:30PM
half-hour slots, cold read from scripts
RSVP starting May 1 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Winners - click to enlarge